This recipe came into being when we were heating up our leftover soup and realized we were out of bread! A quick google search brought me to the Homemade Drop Biscuits Recipe on Finding Zest which made a great base for these biscuits. By adding some herbs and cheese we were able to change them from a quick and easy biscuit into the perfect savory biscuits.
These biscuits go great with soup or stew and any leftovers can be eaten for breakfast. We love them with a fried egg or with a drizzle of honey on top!
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tbs sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tbs thyme
2 tsp oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
½ cup melted butter
1 cup 2% milk
1. Heat Oven to 450 degrees.
2. Grease cookie sheet.
3. Mix your dry ingredients together. ( I prefer to mix them in a large plastic bag. )
4. Mix dry parmesean into dry ingredients.
5. Mix dry ingredients with softened butter and milk until moist. Do not over mix or your biscuits will be dense.
6. Drop biscuits onto greased cookie sheet. I use about 1.5 tbs of mix per biscuit.